John S. Graham
John Graham is an experienced lawyer and businessman who has practiced law in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia for more than 30 years. He has represented governmental bodies, as well as large, publicly held entities and has extensive experience with entrepreneurial enterprises, particularly in the technology sector. He has also been an officer and director of business firms in the United States and abroad, including service as managing director and general counsel of an international telecommunications company for which he was also chairman of the board of directors. Through Sullivan Cove Consultants, LLC, he continues to provide in the public sector the services formerly provided to private sector clients.
- As Managing Director of Sullivan Cove Consultants, LLC, a law firm in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia, Mr. Graham is in change of the daily operations of the firm’s engagement as prime contractor and subcontractor for federal and state professional services contracts. This involves operational and financial activities as well as marketing and procurement endeavors. Sullivan Cove operates only in the public sector primarily as a project manager and represents no private clients.
- As the sole member of John S. Graham, III, Attorney at Law, LLC (Grahamlaw), a Maryland limited liability company and law firm, Mr. Graham continues to provide legal services for private clients.
- Mr. Graham is a former equity partner in private law firms ranging in size from fewer than 30 lawyers to more than 1000 lawyers:
- Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, (an AM Law 100 firm with more than 900 lawyers in 20 offices worldwide)–Equity Partner in District of Columbia Office, 1998-2000; Practicing attorney in corporate law, energy and international transactions departments.
- McGuire, Woods, Battle & Boothe, (currently McGuire Woods, LLP, an AM Law 100 firm with more than 1,000 lawyers in 23 offices worldwide) Equity Partner and Managing Partner of Baltimore Office, 1989-1998; Broad ranging general law practice with emphasis on corporate and energy law and international transactions.
- Browder, Russell, Morris & Butcher, Virginia – 1975-1989; General practice of law including corporate and energy matters, legislative affairs and trial and appellate litigation and
- Ober, Kaler, Grimes & Shriver, Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia – Equity Partner, 2000-2003. Broad legal practice in corporate law, energy law and telecommunications.
- Mr. Graham:
- Is listed in the Martindale-Hubbell® law directory with a Peer Rating of AV-Preeminent®, the highest rating accorded;
- Is listed in the 2013-2018 editions of Best Lawyers In America; and
- Is a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation (membership limited to 1% of attorneys admitted to practice) and the Maryland Bar Foundation (membership not to exceed 2.5% of State Bar
- Mr. Graham was a Lieutenant, United States Naval Reserve, 1969 – 1982, and is a Vietnam veteran.
- Mr. Graham has a final TOP SECRET security clearance from the U.S. Department of Defense.